The Kirby Family Link
John Kirby born abt. 1683 in Allesley, Warwickshire.
John married Mary Hanborough on 13th May 1705 in Bulkington, Warwickshire.
They had six children, John b.1707, William b.1709, Thomas b.1712, Elizabeth b.1715, Joseph b.1719 and Benjamin b.1722.
John Kirby died 16th August 1728 in Allesley, Warwickshire.
William Kirby born 2nd January 1709 in Allesley, Warwickshire.
William married Mary Taylor abt. 1736 in Warwickshire.
They had nine children, William b.1737, Sarah b.1738, Mary b.1740, Elizabeth b.1742, John b.1744, Thomas b.1746, Joseph b.1748, Benjamin b.1753 and Ann b.1756.
Benjamin Kirby born 4th April 1753 in Allesley, Warwickshire.
Benjamin married Ann Hackett on 14th September 1778 in Burbage, Leicestershire.
They had nine children, John b.1781, Sarah b.1783, Alice b.1785, Elizabeth b.1787, Rebecca b.1787, Thomas b.1790, William b.1793, Hannah b.1795 and Betsy b.1797.
Benjamin Kirby died 18th November 1817 in Burbage, Leicestershire.
William Kirby born 1793 in Burbage, Leicestershire.
William married Hannah Robinson on 20th April 1822 in Burbage, Leicestershire.
They had nine children, William b.1823, Elizabeth b.1824, George b.1825, Thomas b.1827, Thomas b.1828, John b.1830, Ann b.1833, James b.1836 and Rebecca b.1840.
Hannah Kirby death is registered Mar 1841, Hinckley (15 43.)
William Kirby died in November 1849.
All the above informatoin was taken from the Puplic Member Trees on ancestry.co.uk
George Kirby born 7th January 1825, and christened 23rd October, Burbage, Leicestershire,
George married Emma Crofts in 1847 (Dec Hinckley 15 159)
Emma Crofts was born on January 26th 1828
1. William.......born 14th April, Burbage, (Jun. 1850 Hinckley 15 78).
the 1851 Census George (26) and Emma (23) are living at Windsor End,
Chapelry of Burbage, Leicestershire.
2. James.......birth registered Jun. 1854 Hinckley (7a 48), was baptised on the 24th October 1855 at Burbage, Leicestershire.
3. Ann.......birth registered Sep. 1856 Hinckley (7a 49).
4. Alice.......born in 1860
the 1861 Census George (36) and Emma (33) are still living at Windsor
End, Burbage, Leicestershire.
5. George.......birth registered Mar. 1866 Hinckley (7a 51).
6. Emma.......birth registered Jun. 1868 Hinckley (7a 48).
the 1871 Census George (46) and Emma (43) are still living at Windsor
End, Burbage, Leicestershire.
7. Elizabeth.......birth registered Jun. 1872 Hinckley (7a 49).
William marries Catherine Ghent, marriage registered Jun 1873 Hinckley 7a 152
Children of William and Catherine
1. Louisa.......birth registered Mar. 1874 Hinckley (7a 50).
2. Priscilla.......born in 1875.
3. Edward.......born in 1877.
4. Emily.......born in 1878.
the 1881 Census George (56) and Emma (53) are living at Windsor Street,
5. William Edward.......birth registered Jun. 1885 Hinckley (7a 53).
6. Harold Ghent.......born in 1888.
the 1891 Census George (66) and Emma (63) are living at Windsor End,
7. Mabel Catherine.......birth registered Sep. 1892 Hinckley (7a 52).
Sadly William in 1898 died from lock-jaw after pricking his hand a few weeks earlier on a rusty nail he was 48 (Jun Hinckley 7a 25)
The death of William is reported in THE LEICESTER CHRONICLE AND LEICESTERSHIRE MERCURY Saturday June 4, click here, to read the article.
George Kirby died in 1899 aged 74, (Jun Hinckley 7a 29)
the 1901 Census Emma (73) is living at 11 Windsor Street, Burbage, Leicestershire.
the 1901 Census Catherine (52) is living at 30 Lutterworth Road, Burbage,
Emma, wife of George died in 1904, aged 76 (Sep Hinckley 7a 25).
What happened to the children of George and Emma
1. William.......see above
2. James.......was married three times, 1st marriage was to Clara Ross in 1877 (Jun Hinckley 7a 149), Clara died in 1881 aged 24. They had one child, Walter b.1879, 2nd
Marriage of James was to Mary Maria Hames in 1886 (Mar Hinckley 7a 96). Mary died in 1897 aged 40. They had one child Stanley b.1894. 3rd marriage of James, was to Bertha Brown in 1898
(Sep Hinckley 71 139). They had one child, Bertha b.1901.
3. Ann.......never married, died in 1929, aged 73 (Dec Hinckley 7a 92)
4. Alice.......married Arthur Brown in 1883 (Dec Hinckley 7a 182).They had four children Emma b.1885, Bertha b.1889, Arthur b.1891 and Bernard b.1896.
5. George.......died in 1877 aged 11, (Mar Hinckley, 7a 36).
6. Emma.......died in 1890, aged 22, (Dec Hinckley 7a 35)
7. Elizabeth.......married John Brown in 1895 (Dec Hinckley 7a 129). They had three children, John L b.1898, Gordon b.1890 and Ivy E b.1890.
of William died
on 24th February 1910, aged 60 (Mar Hinckley, 7a 36)
the 1911 Census William (26) is living with his sister Mabel (18) and his Aunt
Annie (54) at 19 Windsor Street, Burbage, Leicestershire.
What happened to the children of William and Catherine
1. Louisa.......married Joseph Edward Chamberlain in 1897 (Jun Hinckley 7a 167). For more information click here to go to 'the Chamberlain family link' page.
2. Priscilla.......died aged 0 in 1875
3. Edward.......died aged 0 in 1877
4. Emily.......died aged 1 in 1879
5. William Edward........married Sarah Mansfield Hall in 1911 (Sep Lutterworth 7a 9). They had two children John born in 1916 (Mar. Hinckley 7a 68) and William born in 1922 (Mar. Hinckley 7a 72). William died in 1925, aged 39, (Mar. Hinckley 7a 86). The death of William is reported in the NOTTINGHAM EVENING POST Tuesday February 17, click here to read the article.
6. Harold Ghent.......died aged 0 in 18897. Mabel Catherine.......never married and died in 1985