James Willows was born about 1660 in Osgathorpe, Leicestershire. He
Married Elizabeth ? who was also
Thomas Willas was born in
Osgathorpe in 1689 and christened on
the 29th July in the same year. On the 17th November 1725 he married Sarah Wood, she
was born in about 1689 in Whitwick,
Leicestershire. They had
William Willars was born in Leicestershire 28th June 1741. On the 31st August 1774 he married Sarah Bilson, she was born in about 1741 in Markfield, Leicestershire. They had six children (see separate Rootsweb ‘Water/Willars Family tree’) one of whom was William Willars. William died in 1816.
Willars was born in Leicestershire
in 1778. He was married twice, his first wife was Sarah Bott, born
William married Sarah in the parish church of Markfield
on the 15th September 1818; their
abode at the time
1. Mary Anne, baptized at the parish church of Markfield on the 1st November 1818
2. William, baptized at the parish church of Markfield on the 11th February 1821
3. James Willars. b1827,
4. Joseph, baptized at the parish church of Thornton on the 23rd December 1831,
5. Thomas b1830. He married Jane Hill in 1853.
6. Sarah, baptized at the parish church of Thornton on
the 10th January 1833. She married John
William’s wife Sarah, died in 1832 aged 34, she was buried at the parish church of Markfield on December 16th. (I am guessing that they may have been complications when giving birth to her daughter Sarah.)
William married Ann in the parish church of Thornton sometime in October 1835. They had two children,
1. Eliza. baptized at the parish church of Thornton on the 4th January 1836
2. Edward b 1839.
the 1841 census William
(60) and Ann (35) are living in Markfield, Leicestershire.
William Willars died in 1847 aged 69, he was buried at the parish church of Markfield on May 31st.
the 1851 census Ann (49) is a widow, her address is Field Head, Markfield,
* Taken from Rootsweb,
married Kezia Butler in the parish
church in the parish of Markfield on 19th February 1856,
Children of James and Kezia
1. George William Henry was born in ABT 1857
2. Mary Ann was born in ABT 1859
I can’t find Ann in the 1861 census.
the 1861 census James (32) is married to Kesiah (29) and they are living at Town Close Hill, Hugglescote, Leicestershire.
*Stanton Under Bardon.
3. Alfred was born and died in 1863 (Bardon, Leics)
4. James was born in 1865
5. Emily’s baptism solemnized in the parish of Ratby, hamlet of Groby on 9th January 1868, James occupation is down as Quarry man.
the 1871 census James (44) and Kezia (38) are living at Grenate Yard, Ratby Leicestershire.
*I think George W is the William in the 1851 census.
6. Herbert Butler was born in 1872
In the 1871 census Ann (68) is living with her son Edward (32). They live on Ashby Road, Ratby, Leicestershire.
Under burials in the parish of Ratby, hamlet of Groby I come across James Willars who was buried on 9th September 1877, aged 50.
the 1881 census Kezia (48) is living on Ratby Road, Ratby, Leicestershire.
the 1881 census Emily (14) is working as a Servant
at 2 Ash Street, Leicester St Margaret.
the 1881 census Ann (77) is bordering
with her daughter Eliza (Adcock) (47) on Main Street, Markfield,
Leicestershire. (I came across an Eliza
Willars who married a James Adcock
in Jun 1863 in Market Bosworth. (7a
Ann Willars died in 1887 aged 84, she was buried at the parish church of Markfield on February 4th.
the 1891 census Kezia (57) is living with her son James (26), they address is 9(b) Ratby Road, Ratby, Leicestershire.
the 1891 census Emily (23) is still working as a
Servant, but with a different family.
What Happened to the children of James and Kezia?
1. George W H.................. m Elizabeth Cooke in 1887 in the district of Barrow upon Soar (7a 312a).
the 1901 census Kezia (67) is living with George
W (44), they address is Ratby Road, Ratby,
George W H died in 1922
2. Mary A............... m Tim Newman in 1879 in the district of Mt. Bosworth (7a 165)
the 1891 census Tim (32) and Mary A (32)
are living on Ratby Road, Ratby
sure why George is lodging with Tim and Mary but although he is down as a Farm Labourer, he could have at
this time been working at the quarry with Tim.
In the 1881 census George’s occupation is down as
I found an entry in the death register of 1932, of a Mary A Newman who died aged 73 in the district of Mt. Bosworth (7a 107).
3. Alfred............... died August 10th 1863
4. James............... never married and died in 1893 aged 28.
6. Herbert B...............died in 1882 aged 9.
married George Bragg (24) in the Chapel
of Ease, Groby in the parish of Ratby on 9th June 1891, George’s occupation is down as Farm Labourer and both are residing
at the time of the marriage in Groby.
Children of George and Emily
1. Kezia frances was born in 1892
2. James Alfred was born in 1894
3. Nellie Elizabeth was born in 1895
4. Gertrude Alice was born in 1897
5. Annie Maria was born in 1898
6. George Frederick was born in 1900
the 1901 census Emily (33) and George (34) are living at Sewerage
Farm Cottage, Beaumont Leys, Leicestershire.
7. Herbert William was born in 1901
8. Daisy Mary was born in 1903
9. Hilda Gladys E was born in 1905
Under burials in the parish of Ratby, hamlet of Groby I come across Kezia Willars who was buried on 29th February 1908 aged 74.
Emily died on February 12th 1911 aged 43, she had been expecting twins and there were complications. The babies were lost as well. (Details taken from “Our Family Tree” part 2 by Linda Anne Roberts)
Below is a memorial card for Emily
The verse reads:
My husband dear, my life is past,
A bitter grief, a shock severe,
the 1911 census George (44) is living at Beaumont
What Happened to the children of George and Emily?
1. Kezia Frances..................never married, after her
mother died she help bring up her brothers and sisters until they were grown
up. She later moved with her father to a house in Anstey. The house
2. James Alfred..................married Edith Knight in Wigston, Leicestershire
in 1916. They went on
3. Nellie Elizabeth..................died in 1917 aged 21, it is believed she did from Tuberculosis
4. Gertrude Alice..................married William Matthews in 1922 in the district of Leicester
5. Annie Maria..................lived with her
father and sister Kezia in Anstey,
she did have a boyfriend
6. George Frederick..................married Maud Lillian Draper at the parish church in the parish of All Saint’s, Leicester on the 22nd December 1923. They had two children Joyce b 1928 and Kenneth b. 1931.
7. Herbert William..................died in January 1903 aged 1.
8. Daisy Mary.................. married Frank Burrell on January 8th
1927 at Leicester Registry Office,
9. Hilda Gladys E..................married Bertie E Middleton in 1929 in the district of Barrow S